Thursday, August 31, 2023

Updates:

My youngest was recently graduated from homeschool. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with a cancerous bone tumor in May of this year. It has been an arduous journey for all of us through intense cancer treatments. She's been doing well physically and mentally. We as parents have not. I feel like I've aged ten years in the last few months, but I keep a positive demeanor around my daughter for her sake.

The oldest was graduated from college in June of this year with a B.S. degree in Psychology and minor in math. Now he wades through hundreds of job listings in search of a temporary filler job and a professional position. So far, no luck. Although the news is positive about the employment market, it is very difficult for entry level folks without STEM or business degrees. I have always encouraged son to learn programming. So far he prefers accounting, so he's taking some courses online. He still has some speech issues and was officially diagnosed with mild autism last year. We always suspected autism, but worked with it and around it with our homeschooling methods and curriculum. This affects his soft skills which is another challenge when searching for employment. Despite the speech issues he enjoyed Toastmasters until the pandemic squashed meetings and killed off groups in our area. Recently, a few groups reactivated and he is looking to return.

I am thinking about adding more content to this blog, or maybe just updates about our life.

I hope this blog continues to help people attempting to save money and/or homeschool. Life has only gotten harder for everyone across the globe in the post pandemic era. Maybe I can share which steps we have taken to get by.

Check back soon!

Hey Google! I'm attempting to add Google Adsense to this blog, but got rejected for some reason. I resubmitted for review, and hope they accept my blog! We could use the revenues for medical bills. 

No comments: