Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frugal Dinner with Family Dollar Meat

I found some Pampa brand canned beef and gravy(Brazil) for $1.60 a can at our local Family Dollar. It had been reduced from $2.00, and didn't look too bad from the picture. I took a chance, and surprisingly it was good quality meat. I cooked it with a can of Save-A-Lot mixed vegetables with potatoes, and about 1/3 cup of left over homemade chicken broth. The top was lightly sprinkled with some wheat germ and Parmesan cheese. After about 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven, it was ready.

My daughter didn't have any of this meal, so it was stretched three ways tonight. I figure I spent about $2.60 for the meal, or about .86 cents a person. Not bad for a beef meal made with tender cuts.

I spend less per serving on chicken, veggie and rice dinners, but beef was a nice change.

1 comment:

Debbie J said...

Sounds good!