Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Classic Tuna Casserole

Starkist tuna in water was on sale at Save-A-Lot for .50 cents a can, so I thought I'd try this old standby recipe for a thrifty dinner. It was much better than I remembered, and the children had two helpings. I used macaroni noodles instead of egg noodles(less sog).

Hmmm, maybe I'll try a retro SPAM dinner next.

Ingredients:
Two cans of tuna drained
One can of sweet peas, drained
About two cups of cooked noodles
One can of cream of mushroom soup(or make your own)
3/4 cup of shredded cheese(we used a pizza cheese blend)
3/4 cup milk

Spread noodles in a medium sized casserole dish(I made mine in a round cake pan). Mix peas, milk, tuna, and soup, then pour over noodles. Mix gently to distribute sauce. Cook at 375 degrees until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Add shredded cheese to top, and return to oven until melted.

Serves six to eight.

No comments: