Sunday, March 04, 2007

Make It From Scratch Carnival: Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup



This was so easy, and so flavorful. I used the condensed chicken soup recipe at Tammy's Recipes. I much prefer this to the canned, and will be using this recipe in the future. I think next time, I'll add mushrooms and fresh chopped onions instead of the instant minced which is all I had on hand. This recipe is so versatile, you could make any cream soup with it. It's a good recipe for leftover vegetables. I plan to cook it with some chicken tonight.
















Join the carnival

8 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Looks good!

I wonder if it could be made in large batches to freeze or can to have on hand.

Thanks for the submission!

Alexandra said...

Thanks, Stephanie! I bet you could freeze it, but it's very fast to make...literally minutes. As soon as it comes to a low boil, you just stir, and it thickens very quickly.

Anonymous said...

This is great I always wanted to make this type of soup. I always use it to flavor many of my recipes I am glad you found this. Thanks alot :)

Alexandra said...

Your welcome and thanks for visiting!

delilah said...

I am definitely going to try this. I can't tell you how many times I didn't make a recipe because I didn't have cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. Now I know better! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

It was good thanks for the recipe

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Yum! Looks great!

On a side note, freezing cream soups is not generally recommended.

Alexandra said...

Thanks for the tip Devildogwife...Semper fi. :)