Sunday, April 26, 2015

Thrift Store Curriculum Finds for Third Grader

I've been finding very inexpensive items at one of our local thrift store for my children's education. Thankfully, the "pickers" pass by the children's education books and activity kits. Thrift stores, yardsales, and church sales all potentially have things you can use for science, English, math, geography, home economics, you name it.

A few items I picked up this week for my third grader:



I think I got this for under dollar.
Ancient Egypt Mummies; More by Creativity For Kids (1153)

And we watched this video on Queen Nefertiti on YouTube while putting this together. She loved it!

The other day I found a covered wagon kit. I found this for a quarter in the bargain bins. We worked on it today and  listened to this read aloud book, Covered Wagons, Bumpy Trails on YouTube.


Covered Wagon Wood Craft Kit 

No comments: