Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dress a Llama

Source: blogher.com via Heidi on Pinterest

This pin cushion made with a plastic animal is so clever. I couldn't have this at my home because it would be a lure for busy little fingers, but I really like the idea of making authentic folk costumes for plastic animals. This one with ribbons and pom-poms looks fairly easy to make as an extension for a study of Latin American mountain animals. A decorated elephant would be fun for a study of India. Maybe dress up a camel for North African or Middle East studies. They put interesting patterns with dye on camels in Pakistan(and India), and have colorful packs, rugs and bridles.

2 comments:

Otter Mom said...

How cute! I think I just found another craft for my daughter. That is really fun.

Alexandra said...

If you do, please share! These detailed German brand plastic animals can be found at Target. I saw some at the dollar store too, but these are much less finely made, of course.