Sunday, May 06, 2012

Alternative Lawn: Old Fashioned Clover Lawn

Two old fashioned alternatives to turf grass lawns:
 White Clover Seed and  Red Clover Seed
 I am trying this in our backyard where we have bald patches due to moderate tree cover. I'm also going to overseed the front lawn with the pretty red clover. Clover lawns are self fertilizing in that they add nitrogen back into the soil.Clover is notoriously hard to kill. It will be very drought resistant and tough under foot. The wildlife will love it for its sweet taste and flowers.


3 comments:

Lola said...

I wish my hoa would agree to this solution.

I hope to see the photos!

Unknown said...

I am always so encouraged by your research into the past. Sometimes I think we have lost so much--I love resurrecting lots of it myself--thanks in part to your hard work.

Blessings to you!

Sherry (Large Family Mothering and Homeschool Sanity)

Alexandra said...

Thanks so much, Sherry! Blessings to you too.