Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Mother's Life Giving Love

"The baby was born at 27 weeks, just 2 pounds. His twin sister, Emily, was delivered first, breathing on her own and full of life. Then came Jamie. According to an interview in the Daily Mail Online, doctors worked on him, trying to get him to breathe. After 20 minutes, they declared him dead. The heartbroken parents say they took their lifeless son into their arms to say goodbye. They cuddled with him, not wanting to let go. After a while, Mom Kate Ogg unwrapped him to hold him against her skin and something miraculous happened. He began to show signs of life. " Read more here.

5 comments:

Myrnie said...

I've loved reading about that family, and I LOVE Liz Lemmon Swindle's artwork :) She was a finalist/winner in a church-wide art competition, and her work has become very popular since then!

Alexandra said...

Me too. I love that hyper-realism. It's so much like 15th century low country art, which I love as well.

Eva said...

This was a very moving story.

The Iowa Farmer's Wife said...

SUCH an amazing story. Ahh, if more places understand the importance of kangaroo care. Thanks for responding to my home school questions! Your blog is a great resource!

JGO said...

This story touched my heart...
Xo,
Jacqueline
I have changed my url to http:/thedarlinghomemaker.blogspot.com/ If you would like to leave me a comment on my blog, please look for me under this url thedarlinghomemaker not the one I had before (thedarlinghousekeeper)otherwise, I will not receive your comments,
Thanks.