The Book of Weddings: a Complete Manual of Good Form in All Matters Connected with the Marriage Ceremony, 1907.
The Wedding Day in Literature and Art, 1900
Golden bells ! What a world of happiness their harmony foretells! Through the balmy air of night How they ring out their delight ! From the molten-golden notes, And all in tune, What a liquid ditty floats To the turtle-dove that listens, while she gloats On the moon! ~ Edgar Allen Poe
Choosing the trousseau, Good Housekeeping, 1916
The wedding dress
Mother's remedies, Manners and Social Customs
Wedding floral designs, 1888
Book of Etiquette,1922, see Table for Contents for wedding sections.
Fashions for Brides, 1904
Wedding cake recipes:
- Good Housekeeping, 1902.
- Table Talk, 1908, white cake
- The Ornamented Wedding Cake, 1912
- Handy household hints and recipes, Old Fashioned Wedding Cake(currant cake), 1916.
- Book of Etiquette, Weddings, 1921
- Plum Cake, or Old-Fashioned Creole Wedding Cake, Gateau de Noce Creole a l'Ancienne
- The Bride's Dinner, Harper's Bazaar, 1904
Vintage estate gowns for sale(Edwardian period is pictured).Beautiful workmanship, and inexpensive for the superior quality. See here too, in tiny sizes. Women were smaller back then. These are fun to look at, and it's amazing how fast they sell out.
Home Coiffure—The Simple Pompadour—The Divided Pompadour—The Psyche Knot—The Swirl or Turban Coiffure, 1911. History of hair styles followed by directions.
hair rat(ratt) to achieve the Gibson girl look. More here.
Make your own hair rat(ratt).