Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chicken Chili Recipe

The other night I tried Tammy's chili recipe, but used shredded chicken instead of ground beef, diced celery instead of green pepper, leftover black beans instead of kidney beans, and half a jar of leftover spaghetti sauce(organic from Big Lots!) instead of tomato sauce. I ended up adding too much brown sugar(I should really make it a habit to measure), but it was really good, regardless.

I served this over hot white rice - delicious! I added a little hot sauce to mine and the hubby's, while the kiddos liked the less spicy version. I'll definitely make this again.

3 comments:

waylandcook said...

I gave you a blog award. I am one of the slient readers of you r wonderful blog. Thank you for the work you do. http://waylandcook.blogspot.com/2010/05/creative-writer-blogger-award.html I did not know any other way to let you know!!

Otter Mom said...

Being a Texan, I'm not sure that I would call your dish chili. :) But it does sound good! And don't worry, good cooks don't have to measure all the time!

Alexandra said...

Ha,ha! I'll give you that. Yep, I tend to smell and taste my way through seasoning. ;)