Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Early Elementary Spring Story and Lesson

By Agnes Quish
(Adapted)
One bright day in spring, a little gray kitten ran away from her mother.
She was lost and did not know where to go.
She ran on and on until she came to a stream. It was getting dark and the kitten was hungry and tired. So she sat down under a willow and began to cry.
A fairy loved this willow very much. The willow was sorry for the kitten. She bent over it and said, "Do not cry. I will keep you safe.
"Oh, how soft and warm your fur is!"
"I am sorry I ran away from home," said the kitten. Then she began to cry again.
"Do not cry any more," said the willow, "I will bend over you and keep you safe all night. I like you. Now sleep."
The willow liked the kitten's soft fur. "I wish I had fur like that," she said.
Just then the fairy came. She heard what the willow said.
"You are a kind willow," said the fairy, "and I will give you what you wish. You shall have fur every spring, and all people shall love you. Good night, Pussy Willow."
Next morning the kitten awoke in her own bed. The willow found herself covered with soft balls of fur.
The people love her and call her Pussy Willow.

Find the missing word:






Free to copy and paste to your own document. I will add it to Google Documents for easy printing soon.

No comments: