Saturday, January 02, 2010

Frugal Chicken Recipes


"Chicken is an excellent low cost meal ingredient which can be purchased in bulk and stored in manageable quantities in the freezer until required. Try these chicken recipes using various cuts of chicken."

I use versions of these recipes. It was nice to see them all in one place to share. These are wonderful for cost cutting variety when it comes to chicken meals.

Here's another recipe that I found which is very similar to what we cook at least once a week: Til Payday Casserole . This recipe uses ground beef, but I've used other meats such as turkey or chicken. Instead of tomato sauce, I've added a can of mushroom soup without the water. I also use much more spices/seasonings to suit our family's preference.

Thus one is good as well:Fast-n-Easy Southwest Chicken Chili I add black eyed peas to mine.

No comments: