Monday, June 29, 2009

Healthy Flaxseed Bran Muffin Recipe


This is the second time making these for the children. I had one delicious bite, but it's not on my diet plan. This was adapted from a Bob's Red Mill recipe. These muffins go fast.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (I substitute 1/2 cup almond flour for wheat)
3/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
3/4 cup Oat Bran Cereal
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt or less
2 peeled and shredded Apples
1/2 cup brown bananas
1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
3/4 cup Milk(I used coconut milk)
2 beaten Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix the first seven ingredients well in one bowl, and the remaining in another. Combine wet and dry until dry is moistened, spoon into cupcake pans and bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. I accidentally cooked them at 425 degrees(forgot to change it) for 10 minutes, and they came out fine.

Note: These are very moist; a little chopped nuts would really round out the muffin - moist and crunchy. My children don't like nuts in their muffins, so I leave them out.

No comments: