Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kashi Pilaf Dinner Recipe


I picked up a box of Kashi Seven Whole Grain all natural pilaf at Big Lots for $1.99. Each box has three packages of pilaf. Tonight I was feeling a bit tired, so I made up a quick new dinner dish.

Pilaf Dinner

Cook a cup(or in this case one package) of pilaf in 2 cups of vegetable water(or just water)for about 35 minutes, or until tender. Add a chicken bouillon cube, a little olive oil, hot pepper flakes, garlic, seasoning salt(I use Adobo), and herbs(I used Italian).

Cook ground meat, season well, add chopped onions and frozen green beans. I seasoned with Adobo and Italian.

Mix all together and serve. Yum!

Mushrooms and other veggies would have been good as well.

I also made some yams for a little more nutritional balance with the veggies.

(picture shows unbaked casserole)

Sweet Potato Bake

A can of sweet potato, or three baked sweet potatoes with skins off. Spread sweet potato in greased casserole dish, add pumpkin pie seasoning, sprinkle with brown sugar, and pour about 1/3 cup orange juice on top. Mix a little. Add a can of pumpkin and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, mix a little and top with bananas and wheat germ. Cook for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments: